Sunday, July 27, 2008

6 Minutes, 6 Minutes, Coppa Stone You're On....




6 minutes, 6 minutes, 6 minutes Coppa Stone you're on
Ah ah on, ah ah on, ah ah ah ah ah ah ah on....

I felt like Doug E. Fresh and Slick Rick before the show...after touching down in Prague three days ago, I was on my way down to Ceska Lipa, something like 70 km outside of Prague for my first stop, the Reggae Ethnic Session (RES) Festival...the headliners were supposed to be Lutan Fyah and Jah Mason, but they ended up canceling at the last minute, I believe they got a better offer in Australia, so Luciano and Etana headlined instead...

Saran and I left her place around 6 pm, but since we in Europe, around 18:00, and walked three blocks down from the Flora Tram stop along Vinohradská Street to meet up with Mino and Misho, from Whaddup Sound. They're both originally from Slovakia, but have lived in Prague over 10 years now, and mainly play out of Prague, specializing in Dancehall...Big up Mino every time, respect breddren for the transport...while we were walking, we ran into Missy on her way to the show, she is also a local reggae artist, originally from Slovakia as well...we hailed her up, apparently Prague is not that big...

On the ride up, I just sat in the back seat thinking to myself, if someone told me five years ago, that muzik would take me to Eastern Europe, I would never have believed them...it was a surreal moment. As I looked at the Czech countryside, passing through these small towns, I couldn't believe that this little Jamaican bwoy was on his way to a show in Ceska Lipa, Czech Republic...life is funny like that some time, you just have to stop and count your blessings and give thanks, fi real...

It was interesting passing through the small towns, each with their own squares, run-down houses, closed businesses, I started to realize that country people are the same no matter where you are, whether Czech Republic or Jamaica or Florida, they all are struggling to survive outside the city, whether Prague, Miami, or Kingston, we're really not that different...we all want to live...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home