Friday, January 18, 2008

2008: It's Official


"NEW YEAR, NEW STYLE, NEW DANCE A LICK..."

Yes, i-yah, the next person to call up the station with the name, the year, and the title of this throw-back joint will win, mr. announcer, drum roll please (insert synthesized drum roll ending with a high hat here) 200 Jamaican dollars, or as they say in J-A, two bills..."Tings change, now unu see seh life hard..." Trus me.

So here it is, its a new year, so first and foremost, let's proceed with the belated greetings: "Happy Christmas and Merry New Year to all," yeah man, Warsop, Trelawny style, memba me tole yuh...yep.

I've been M-I-A for a good minute now, but with the new year comes new found energy and commitment. The album has been pushed back a couple times because of mixing issues, bad time management, my obsession with perfection, and various other obstacles. My pursuit of happiness has left me somewhere between Will Smith and Chris Gardener, in other words, 20 steps ahead of sleeping in the subway bathroom, but 50 steps behind moving to Bel-air...if that makes sense.

The struggle continues, and so, instead of stating numerous new years' resolutions which inevitably become left-over resolutions for the following year, I'll start off slow and state this simple one: I, Coppa Stone, will update my real vibes blog.

So here is the 4-1-1:
The album release date is tentatively set for sometime this year. In the meantime, I had a chance to create, direct, and edit a lo-budget, lo-fi, video for my track: "Africa Why?" It has been well received online so far, so if anyone is interested in checking it out, yo, you can find it on YouTube, Dailymotion, and MySpaceTV, so yeah, shameless self-promotion and plugs begin here:

http://www.dailymotion.com/coppastone
http://www.youtube.com/coppastone
http://www.myspace.com/copparock

etc. and so forth...

There is also an independent movie coming out in March called "Ladies Night Out," starring Supa Twitch, Bambino, and Delicio Cordon, and a guest appearance by yours truly(like Paul Campbell in First Sunday). My character's story changed at the last minute, and I wasn't completely happy with the direction it took, but you'll see what I mean if you catch the movie...yeah plus it was an all night shoot, lines changed at the last minute, yeah man, show business fi real...

http://www.myspace.com/lnomovie

Besides that, I have a straight-reggae album in the works and another possible European Tour, but that comes later...so yeah, remember caller, 2 bills for the name, title, and year of that throwback tune, riddim up...









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home