Thursday, September 27, 2007

Day 15: August 8, 2007



Immigration agent # 1: "You don't have to go home, but you have to get the..."
Customs agent # 2: "watch your mouth"
Immigration agent # 1: "You need to leave, or lef from yah so, however you want to say it."

I left London yesterday and finally arrived at my last destination: Toronto. My flight got in around 2 in the afternoon, I had an overnight layover, and I leave today at 9:35 A.M. So you know what that means:
"Ladies and Gentleman, appearing for one night only, downtown Toronto, after the Blue Jays game, it is my pleasure to introduce to you tonight, a man who needs an introduction, because no one knows who he is yet, but you will remember his name after tonight, live from Miami, Jamaica, Mr. 'Yes Baby Luv, this is how we get down,' without further adieu, I bring to you, the bashment sound ambassador, Coppa Stone...(insert one and two claps here, because we no business, we play all venues and hole in the walls, how you mean, holla back breddren)

The sky was overcast when I got in, and by the time I took the subway downtown, it started to rain...I was starving, dead fi hungry, jet lagged, so I got a hot dog from one a dem man on the road, maybe I was just hungry, but it was the best hot dog H-ever with a capital H. There was a Blue Jays baseball game that just finished, so there were a lot of people, and I tried to do some promoting, but I was dead tired from the trip, and ended up defending some food at an Italian restaurant/bar close to the CN Tower, couple blocks down from Front St. and University Ave., by Union Station, somewhere around there...the pasta was wicked...too bad I can't remember the name of the place.
I originally planned to check out University of Toronto and maybe York University, but yo, I wasn't tired, I was ti-yad, bad, I was exhausted, so yeah, after taking a walk to the bottom of the CN Tower, talking to a few people, filming a few shots for my music video project, me and my hotel bed had an appointment that no one could break...
Like Harry Belafonte, I was sad to say, I'm on my way, won't be back for many a day, because like Biggie, I'm going, going, back, back, to Miami, mami...

FIN


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home