Thursday, April 9, 2009

Coppa "Pebble" Stone to the World

When I first started this blog ting through Real Vibez, with David Mullings backing it, I envisioned giving people a behind-the-scenes look at the day to day life of a underground artist, striving to make it in this here music business...over time, it has developed into a sort of travel blog filled with personal recollections & reflections...a little bit of social commentary, and I always vowed that I would never mix my personal life with my musical life in my blogging, (no so dem call it) because I'm a very private person by nature, which like Alanis Morissette, is ironic, don't you think, because I keep a public blog, but sedway...


I decided to break that tradition, for the first, (maybe not the last time) by crossing over into my personal life; and why you say, because something happened this year that changed me forever...drum roll please...I became a father for the first time, and I wanna thank my breddren J-Kizzle, Jerome from Killa Squad International for the nickname...

I am now the proud father of a baby girl: Coppa "Pebble" Stone to di world, she is officially in the building, three weeks and counting...

I know we've all heard the cliche, having kids changes you, your whole view on life, yadda yadda yadda (like George & Jerry on a Seinfeld Reunion Special)...but breddren & sistren, it is the truth, so what does that mean for you if you're reading this, (I'm sure that's what you're asking yourself)...Well here's what it means...now you can expect more entries, more music from me, more shows on the road, (okay, more shows on the road after her first three months or so, I got responsibilities homie) because I am officially back on the grind, harder than ever, because if I want to be able to tell my daughter: "Follow your dreams, there's no limit to what you can do," I need to lead by example. Oh yeah, there's also that whole "mouth to feed" thing, so the hustle just got serious king...

So right yah now, I feel like Vybz Kartel, but for different reasons: "Nah, nah, nah, Life sweet..." Nuttin sweeter than her, trus me breddren...

So it's official...nobody can't seh I neva tell dem...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home