Monday, July 20, 2009

Memories, Don't Live Like People Do...

Memories dont live like people do
They always 'member you
Whether things are good or bad
Its just the memories that you have...


Before Mos Def made it a hook on a DJ Honda track, I use to beat down the wall when this Beenie Man tune use to play back in the day, the dance use to get mad...man, that's when Merciless use to be the "Gal Dem Gizzada" and people use to do the Body Basics to "Go Go Wine, it would be like 8-10 people dancing, and everybody else in a circle ..." Dance use to nice dem time deh...so why are we taking this trip down memory lane, you ask? Well, I owe it all to my man Jay-Bee...

There I was, working diligently, sending some music-related e-mails out, because that's what I do, you know I'm a musician right, what's your name girl? Oh sorry deh, excuse me por favor, I was having a bad case of the tour flashbacks ...Where was I...So yeah, I was doing some work online, and I was listening to my man Jay-Bee's show, Supasounds, on WRGP 88.1 FM (FIU needs to send me a check)and I couldn't finish my e-mails, because he kept rinsing some dutty classic hip hop, the type of tracks that make "grown men cry," loose they mind, the type of tracks that mek you get mad, sick, head gone...and beat down the wall like back in the Beenie Man-Memories-Days...If you are a true connoisseur of all things hip-hop, or just music in general, and you have a genuine love for superb word play,beats, and rhymes, then you'll get where I'm coming from, here is a sample of his playlist...

Rakim - Microphone Fiend
Souls of Mischief - From 93 till Infinity

ODB - Brooklyn Zoo
Biggie - Biggie Smalls - It's Unbelievable

Nas - Represent
Group Home - I forget, I think it was Up Against the Wall
Raekwon - Incarcerated Scarfaces

Craig Mack - Flava in your Ear (Remix)
Talib Kweli - The Blast

Smif N' Wessun - Sound Bwoy Buriel
Fu-Schnickens - La Schmoove

Mad Lion - Shoot to Kill
Beatnuts - Watch out Now

Wu-Tang Clan- I think it was Protect Ya Neck, I don't know, I was too busy aligning my neck back in to position....By the time he played the Souls of Mischief, I was done, I rolled over, felt like smoking a cigarette like they do in the movies, taking the sheets off the bed, turning the fan on, kicking the socks off, it was a done deal...




So, yeah, big up to my man Jay-Bee, breddren, you killed it tonight, set well played...So in honor of the Supasounds Mixshow, here is some behind-the-scenes footage from my stint as a co-host on Suapasounds...PEACE to DJ Lady Bullet, respect for the filming, and Mr. Frank Nitts...They were both in the building...As far as I, don't mind me homie, I'm just trying to beat life, cause I can't cheat death, from 93 till Infinity...Word...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home